|This Means War...one of the worst|
It's that time of year again.....time for the annual year's end round-up of the best news stories, books, TV shows, movies etc. etc.
But what about the year's worst?
There have been some stinkers at the movie theatres this year, so here's a list of the year's ten worst movies, as judged by Time magazine.
10. One for the Money----"Katherine Heigl wanders through a graveyard of bad accents and Jersey stereotypes, looking for a guy who skipped out on her in high school and has now skipped out on bail. It’s about as exciting as watching a woman search her purse for her car keys."
9. The Odd Life of Timothy Green---"a saccharine weepie."
8. What to Expect When You're Expecting---"Of all the weirdly conceived, cash-grabbing cinematic projects of 2012 this took the cake."
7. Alex Cross---Starring Tyler Perry. -----"No discernible detecting takes place; there’s just a mad dash from one crisis to another, and the casual treatment of tortured women represents misogyny at its most dunderheaded."
6. The Lorax---"just too painful to watch such a meaningful classic about environmental destruction turned into something so crass."
5. This Means War. Starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy---"This garishly shot agony is a study in all that Hollywood is doing wrong with the romantic comedy: overworking the stunts and visuals while putting next to no energy in the emotional content."
4. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter---"Turns out the undead are the minds behind the slave trade and use their human chattel as fast food; without vamps, there wouldn’t have been a Civil War. This sounds like comedy, but the movie takes itself very seriously."
3. Hyde Park on Hudson---"the most tasteless movie of the year."
2. John Carter ---" portentous conversations and long but passionless battles. John Carter (Taylor Kitsch, embodying Lorenzo Lamas circa 1982) and his princess (Lynn Collins) seemed born not to love each other so much as to mud-wrestle each other."
|The very worst!|